Leading Kansas Law Enforcement Since 1965
Valor Law Enforcement Foundation DonationThe Valor Foundation’s mission is to protect and support the needs of Kansas law enforcement by providing assistance and support to the various police agencies of Kansas whether state or local.
The Kansas Association of Chiefs of Police was formed nearly 50 years ago by a handful of police chiefs for the purpose and mission of ensuring professionalism in and effectiveness of law enforcement in our state.
Today, the KACP's 500+ members, who are Kansas chiefs of police, sheriffs, and command law enforcement officers, are ever-striving toward identifying and implementing more-effective, increasingly-reliable approaches to fighting new and growing crime challenges and providing community safety and protection while doing so with the highest level of professionalism.
The KACP is comprised of and represents law enforcement leaders from agencies of all sizes from throughout the state. The Association has developed and administers numerous member and community service programs as shown and described within this web site.
Kansas Law Enforcement Memorial
The KACP commemorates Kansas law enforcement officers killed in the line of duty. KACP contributions supported the initial construction of the Kansas Law Enforcement Memorial on the State Capitol grounds in Topeka, and continuing contributions support the Memorial's maintenance.
- To promote better inter-agency cooperation and exchange of information.
- To improve management techniques and operational procedures.
- To actively consult with the Kansas Legislature for the passage of laws necessary to law enforcement.
- To promote viable training standards and officer selection procedures.
- To achieve the adherence of high professional standards of performance and conduct for all peace officers.
- To publicly recognize the meritorious actions of peace officers throughout the State.
For more information about the International Association of Chiefs of Police (IACP), a dynamic organization that serves as the professional voice of law enforcement.