|Legislative Committee:(Chair) Chief Darrell Atteberry||Bel Aire|
|Director Jen Duffy||KACP|
KACP Legislative Committee Responsibilities
- The legislative committee shall work closely with any KACP identified lobbyist to identify and compile all legislative issues of interest to law enforcement.
- Members shall establish and maintain contacts within the system of government to further the legislative interests of the Association.
- Members shall, when available, provide testimony before the Legislature or committees thereof as appropriate.
- The committee Chairman shall communicate and coordinate the Association’s legislative agenda with other law enforcement associations, to include:
- Kansas Peace Officers’ Association
- Kansas Sheriffs’ Association
- Kansas County and District Attorneys’ Association.
- The committee chairman shall inform the Board and general membership of the Association’s legislative agenda and seek input for the coming session.
- The chairman shall assist in the planning of the annual Legislative conference as appropriate.
- The committee chairman shall work closely with any identified KACP lobbyist to coordinate testimony by Association members at hearings of concern to KACP.
- The committee chairman shall represent the Association, using independent judgment, in addressing legislative issues where the Board, General Membership or committee cannot be consulted in advance.
|Mark Hinkle (Chair)||Colwich|
|Michael Utz||Garden City|
|Bob Sage||Rose Hill|
KACP Finance Committee Responsibilities
- The Finance Committee shall make recommendations to the Board on programs, projects and major financial proposals.
- The committee shall evaluate the current year budget and make recommendations to the Board on the proposed budget for the coming year. Such proposals shall be presented at the Board meeting of the Fall Conference each year.
- The committee may assist and evaluate fund raising efforts and recommendations.
- The committee shall ensure that an annual audit of the Association’s financial records is conducted by a professional accounting firm.
- The committee shall make recommendations to the Board concerning budget modifications during the course of the fiscal year.
- The committee shall research and make recommendations to the Board regarding investment of KACP funds.
KACP 2018-2019 Awards Committee
|Todd Ackerman, Chair||Marysville PD|
KACP Awards Committee Responsibilities
- The Awards committee is responsible for defining KACP awards criteria for approval by the Board.
- The committee shall annually send out notices to solicit for nominations for the annual awards.
- The committee shall review all nominations and determine which award is appropriate for each nomination, if any.
- The committee shall notify the agency of each nominee regarding the outcome of the nominations. The committee shall also provide all appropriate and necessary information to the agency of each prospective award recipient regarding the time and location of the Awards program and housing and ticket arrangements.
- The committee shall arrange for the acquisition of all awards and certificates as appropriate. The committee shall also provide information to be printed in the Banquet program.
- The committee shall be responsible for preparation of the script and overseeing, coordinating and conducting the activities of the annual Awards Program ceremony.
- The committee shall be responsible for making arrangements for photographing of the individual award presentations and shall send each award recipient a photo of his or her presentation.
|Chief Fred Farris (Chair)|
|Chief Brad Nelson (Mid Size City)|
|Chief Terry Zeigler (Large City)|
|Kansas City PD|
|Chief Emil Halfhill (Small City)|
|Ron Gould (KLETC Representative)|
|Chief Ed Howell (Campus Representative)|
|Ft. Hays State|
|Chief Bart Branyon (State Agency Representative)|
Please feel free to contact KACP or Jennifer Duffy with any further questions at: 316-733-7300
Chief Gordon Ramsay
Captain Jimmie Atkinson
Chief Danny Thayer
Chief Darrell Atteberry
Bel Aire PD
Chief Dennis Butler
Chief Brad Nelson
Captain Chris Kostelac
Chief Adam Sayler
St John PD
KACP Mentor Committee
Adam Sayler (Chair)
St John PS
Garden City PD
Goodland Police Dept
Ottawa Police Dept
Peabody Police Dept
Bel Aire Police Dept
Andover Police Dept
Hutchinson Police Dept
KU Med Center
Ft. Hays PD
Baldwin City PD
The Mentoring Committee oversees the KACP Mentoring Program, which enables KACP members to network in pairs and small groups with fellow members who share their set of professional interests and concerns and can offer mutual guidance and support.