AAA Kansas – Your Partner in Traffic Safety
As a proud sponsor of KACP, AAA Kansas is committed to supporting and working in close collaboration with Kansas police chiefs and departments to ensure safe travel and roadways across Kansas. These efforts include education, training resources, and public awareness communications campaigns. AAA Kansas’ dedication to law enforcement partnerships spans the state and, in addition to our sponsorship with KACP, also includes work with the Kansas Highway Patrol, Kansas Sheriffs’ Association, KDOT Law Enforcement Liaisons, as well as many local relationships.
With 57 million members nationwide and more than 342,000 members in Kansas. AAA has been the most trusted, vocal advocate for travelers and motorists for more than 100 years. AAA is well-known for its travel services and emergency roadside assistance service, but we promote and advocate for safe Kansas roadways in many other ways, including:
- AAA Community Traffic Safety Awards honoring police and sheriff departments around the state for their commitment to traffic safety practices and programs
- Government policy advocacy for strong traffic safety laws including graduated driver’s license program for beginning drivers, stronger laws to fight impaired driving and the recently passed law to increase seatbelt fines
- Sponsorship of DRE and ARIDE drug investigation training for law enforcement
- Collaboration with and support of Seatbelts Are For Everyone (SAFE) high school driving safety initiative
- Hosting annual Drugged Driving Policy Summits in Kansas
- Commitment to resources and programs that promote Teen Driver and Senior Driver education and safety
- Public awareness of traffic safety issues and tips through media outreach/coverage and daily Twitter engagement (@AAAKansasNews)
- Research and education by the AAA Foundation for Traffic Safety on a variety of issues impacting traffic safety, including impaired, drowsy and distracted driving; large truck safety; highway infrastructure; and teen and senior drivers.
Useful AAA Resources for Law Enforcement
DUI Justice Link Website
Potential solutions for judges, prosecutors, probation officers and law enforcement as an impaired driver moves through criminal justice system.
Tool for understanding how medications may interact and/or affect drivers and their driving.
Thank you for all you do. We appreciate the opportunity to work with KACP on our shared mission of safe Kansas roadways. If there is any way we can be of assistance, please don’t hesitate to contact the AAA Kansas Public & Government Affairs team:
Jennifer Haugh Shawn Steward
AAA Kansas – Topeka AAA Kansas – Wichita
(785) 438-6554 (316) 529-7988