Liberal Police Department – Patrol Officer
Liberal Police Department
Commissioned Law Enforcement Position
The Liberal Police Department is looking for dedicated personnel who have what it takes to be police officers in this day and age. The City of Liberal has excellent benefits. Some of those benefits include insurance, retirement, municipal golf course memberships and gym memberships. We offer competitive pay with up to date equipment to help preform daily tasks.
$37,680.50 to $57,791.50
(1) Is a United States citizen;
(2) has been fingerprinted and a search of local, state and national fingerprint files has been made to determine whether the applicant has a criminal record;
(3) has not been convicted, does not have an expunged conviction, and on and after July 1, 1995, has not been placed on diversion by any state or the federal government for a crime which is a felony or its equivalent under the uniform code of military justice;
(4) has not been convicted, does not have an expunged conviction, has not been placed on diversion by any state or the federal government for a misdemeanor crime of domestic violence or its equivalent under the uniform code of military justice, when such misdemeanor crime of domestic violence was committed on or after the effective date of this act;
(5) is the holder of a high-school diploma or furnishes evidence of successful completion of an examination indicating an equivalent achievement;
(6) is of good moral character;
(7) has completed a psychological test approved by the commission;
(8) is free of any physical or mental condition which might adversely affect the applicant's performance of a police officer's or law enforcement officer's duties; and
(9) is at least 21 years of age.
Information for Obtaining an Application:
To apply, visit hrepartners or call Lt. Chris Head at 620-482-6200.