- Chief Todd Ackerman, Marysville Police Dept
- Chief Darrell Attebury, Bel Aire Police Dept (Chair)
- Chief Michael Baker, Wamego Police Dept
- Director Dennis Butler, Riley Co Police Dept
- Chief John Defore, Hiawatha Police Dept
- Chief Kenneth Doze, Hoisington Police Dept
- Chief Fred Farris, Goddard Police Dept
- Chief Gene Garcia, Caldwell Police Dept
- Asst.Chief of Police Mike Golden, McPherson Police Dept
- Chief Tom Hongslo, Lenexa Police Dept
- Chief Henry Horn, KCK Public Schools
- Chief Ed Howell, Ft. Hays University Police Dept
- Chief Douglas Jones, Burlington Police Dept
- Chief Mike Keller, Andover Police Dept
- Chief Patrick Kitchens, Leavenworth Police Dept
- Chief-Retired Ed Klumpp, Topeka Police Dept
- Chief David Lux, Kingman Police Dept
- Chief Robert McClarty, McPherson Police Dept
- Chief Nelson Mosley, Rose Hill Police Dept
- Chief Eric Murphy, Newton Police Dept
- Chief Derrick Ploutz, Sterling Police Dept
- Chief Gordon Ramsay, Wichita Police Dept
- Patrolman Adam Saylor
- Chief Don Scheibler, Hays Police Dept
- Officer /Investigator/ Ret. Chief Danny Shanks
- Director Law Enforcement Sales John Simmons, CZ USA
- Director Ken Sissom, JCCC
- Executive Director Gary Steed, CPOST
- Assoc. Director Tony Weingartner, KBI
KACP Legislative Committee Responsibilities
- The legislative committee shall work closely with any KACP identified lobbyist to identify and compile all legislative issues of interest to law enforcement.
- Members shall establish and maintain contacts within the system of government to further the legislative interests of the Association.
- Members shall, when available, provide testimony before the Legislature or committees thereof as appropriate.
- The committee Chairman shall communicate and coordinate the Association’s legislative agenda with other law enforcement associations, to include:
- Kansas Peace Officers’ Association
- Kansas Sheriffs’ Association
- Kansas County and District Attorneys’ Association.
- The committee chairman shall inform the Board and general membership of the Association’s legislative agenda and seek input for the coming session.
- The chairman shall assist in the planning of the annual Legislative conference as appropriate.
- The committee chairman shall work closely with any identified KACP lobbyist to coordinate testimony by Association members at hearings of concern to KACP.
- The committee chairman shall represent the Association, using independent judgment, in addressing legislative issues where the Board, General Membership or committee cannot be consulted in advance.
|Mark Hinkle (Chair)||Colwich|
|Michael Utz||Garden City|
|Bob Sage||Rose Hill|
KACP Finance Committee Responsibilities
- The Finance Committee shall make recommendations to the Board on programs, projects and major financial proposals.
- The committee shall evaluate the current year budget and make recommendations to the Board on the proposed budget for the coming year. Such proposals shall be presented at the Board meeting of the Fall Conference each year.
- The committee may assist and evaluate fund raising efforts and recommendations.
- The committee shall ensure that an annual audit of the Association’s financial records is conducted by a professional accounting firm.
- The committee shall make recommendations to the Board concerning budget modifications during the course of the fiscal year.
- The committee shall research and make recommendations to the Board regarding investment of KACP funds.
KACP 2018-2019 Awards Committee
Todd Ackerman, Chair
Fort Hays State PD
US Marshall Kansas
KU Med PD
Rose Hill PD
Kansas State University PD
KACP Awards Committee Responsibilities
- The Awards committee is responsible for defining KACP awards criteria for approval by the Board.
- The committee shall annually send out notices to solicit for nominations for the annual awards.
- The committee shall review all nominations and determine which award is appropriate for each nomination, if any.
- The committee shall notify the agency of each nominee regarding the outcome of the nominations. The committee shall also provide all appropriate and necessary information to the agency of each prospective award recipient regarding the time and location of the Awards program and housing and ticket arrangements.
- The committee shall arrange for the acquisition of all awards and certificates as appropriate. The committee shall also provide information to be printed in the Banquet program.
- The committee shall be responsible for preparation of the script and overseeing, coordinating and conducting the activities of the annual Awards Program ceremony.
- The committee shall be responsible for making arrangements for photographing of the individual award presentations and shall send each award recipient a photo of his or her presentation.
|Chief Fred Farris (Chair)|
|Chief Brad Nelson (Mid Size City)|
|Chief Terry Zeigler (Large City)|
|Kansas City PD|
|Chief Emil Halfhill (Small City)|
|Ron Gould (KLETC Representative)|
|Chief Ed Howell (Campus Representative)|
|Ft. Hays State|
|Chief Bart Branyon (State Agency Representative)|
Please feel free to contact KACP or Executive Director with any further questions at: 316-733-7300
Chief Michael Utz
Garden City Police Dept
Chief Joni Showalter
Goodland Police Dept
Chief Dennis Butler
Ottawa Police Dept
Chief Bruce Burke
Peabody Police Dept
Director Gary Steed
Chief Darrell Atteberry
Bel Aire Police Dept
Chief Mike Keller
Andover Police Dept
Chief (Ret) Jim Daily
Chief Rick Johnson
KU Med Center
Chief Claude Warren
Osborne Police Dept
Chief Terry Hollingsworth
Overbrook Police Dept
Chief Larry Alexander
Sedgwick Police Dept
Chief Brad Nelson
Salina Police Dept
Chief Ed Howell
Ft. Hays Police Dept
Chief Gerry Cullumber
Norton Police Dept
The Mentoring Committee oversees the KACP Mentoring Program, which enables KACP members to network in pairs and small groups with fellow members who share their set of professional interests and concerns and can offer mutual guidance and support.
Valor Foundation Committee:
Valor Foundation Committee:
Chief Doug Schroeder (Chair)
Hesston Police Dept
Chief Todd Ackerman
Marysville Police Dept
Chief Mike Baker
Wamego Police Dept
Chief Bruce Johnson
Concordia Police Dept
Chief Josh Orem
Halstead Police Dept
Chief Brad Nelson
Salina Police Dept
Chief Robert Moser
Shawnee Police Dept
Terry St Pierre
The Valor Foundation’s mission is to protect and support the needs of Kansas law enforcement by providing assistance and support to the various police agencies of Kansas whether state or local.